Midwestern Wheels, Inc. is a licensee of Avis Budget Group, Inc. a leading global provider of vehicle rental services. Midwestern Wheels, Inc. was established in 1958 and operates the Avis and Budget Rent A Car brands at locations throughout Wisconsin: Appleton, Green Bay, Madison, Mosinee, and Rhinelander. Our Management and Administrative Services Support Teams are located in Appleton, Wisconsin. Midwestern Wheels, Inc. offers an enthusiastic, family-friendly and collaborative work environment where you can expect to be developed, recognized and rewarded for a job well done.
Midwestern Wheels, Inc. is a Customer Led, Service Driven organization. Our goal is to provide World Class Care and passionately promote Best in Class Quality and Customer Service. That is why we strive to make every customer experience one that leaves a lasting impression. We handle each customer interaction with the utmost professionalism, courtesy and responsiveness.
Midwestern Wheels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a smoke free and drug free workplace.
We would like to thank everyone who submits his or her applications for employment with Midwestern Wheels, Inc.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
MWI recognizes the importance of time off for rest, relaxation and good health, which contributes to well-being of you and your family. MWI provides a generous schedule of PTO which can be used for vacation, illness or personal emergencies. During your first year of employment PTO time is provided on a pro-rated basis depending on when during the calendar year your date of hire occurs.
Holiday Pay / Premium Holiday Pay
Eligible full-time employees will receive six paid holidays off regardless of the day of the week on which the holiday falls. If you are required to work a holiday, you will be paid for those hours worked on the holiday at our Premium Holiday rate (time and one half) and will also be provided with a different day off for Holiday Pay.
For eligible employees, if your birthday falls on a regularly scheduled workday you will be given your birthday off with pay.
Retirement & Investment Plans
- 401(k) Plan – Ensure your financial future by choosing to save a percentage of your compensation toward your retirement. Both the Traditional (pre-tax) and Roth (after-tax) alternatives are provided. MWI will match a percentage of your contribution each pay date.
- Health Insurance – We offer a choice of two different plans to choose from. MWI makes a majority contribution to each eligible employee’s monthly health insurance premium.
- Dental Insurance – We offer a choice of two plans to choose from. MWI makes a fixed dollar amount contribution to each employee’s monthly dental insurance premium.
- Life Insurance – MWI provides our employees term life insurance at no the employee while employed at MWI.
- Long Term Disability – MWI provides our employees with long term disability insurance at no the employee while employed at MWI.
MWI understands the deep impact that death can have on an individual or a family. We provide both and unpaid bereavement leave to assist our employees in times of need.
Jury Duty Pay
MWI recognizes the importance of the need for our employees to fulfill their civic duties when called upon to serve as jurors. With this in mind, all full-time hourly and salaried employees will be compensated for their difference in pay if they are selected for jury duty.
- Vision Insurance – Vision correction exams and products
- Flexible Spending Account for both Medical and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account – available with select health insurance plans
- Accident Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Additional Life Insurance
- Uniforms – MWI provides uniforms to our Rental & Service Agents
- Anniversary Recognition Awards – Awards based on years of service
- Referral Programs – Incentive program for bringing on new employees and car sale referrals
- Additional discounts including, but not limited to, car rentals are available
Employee Testimonials / Success Stories
“Midwestern Wheel’s is truly a special company to work for. MWI demonstrates a commitment to its employees in many ways- from extensive training programs, incentive programs to awards and special dinners. MWI does an unbelievable job recognizing the success and contributions of the staff. We are encouraged to continue to learn, grow and develop in our positions. Like many others, I started on the frontline and have progressed within the company and had the opportunity to take on different management roles over the years. Even though the company continues to grow, we are still small enough that every employee has the ability to make an impact on the overall success of the company.”
-Cari VanOoyen, Executive Director of Talent Management, joined Midwestern Wheels in 1993.
We are committed to being responsible members of the communities in which we operate. Midwestern Wheels, Inc. and Avis Budget Group’s efforts include the support of both local and national organizations including the Walk to Support Autism, the Walk to Cure Diabetes, the Epilepsy Foundation, March of Dimes, Salvation Army, American Cancer Society, the American Red Cross, Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Wounded Warrior Project and Veterans Across America.
Training takes place at all levels and consistently throughout your career with Midwestern Wheels, Inc. This begins with position based, on the job training and continues with personal and professional development through on-going workshops and seminars.